Wednesday, October 11, 2017

october mini model build: robot

October Mini Model Build [40248]
October Mini Model Build [40248]

The Monthly Mini Model Build for October is an awesome robot!

Veering away from the cutesy animals, the LEGO Store went full droid mode for their building activity this month. Compared to previous models, the brick built robot's design is a little complicated with all its small pieces and articulated parts. But not really intricate enough so kids assembling it will still manage just fine. I was really delighted to see a transparent light blue 2x2 round brick for I usually see it in the old LEGO Dimensions sets. Then the delight quickly turned into sadness when I remembered that the theme is about to be discontinued real soon. (I just realized that I haven't posted anything about that game, my favorite game ever! Hmmm...).

Robot
Robot

The color palette for the adorable automaton is a bit on the minimal side, though it worked perfectly, I must say. The color scheme made it look like a medical bot. I can imagine it assisting a health care professional in whatever aseptic task to be done. It also reminded me of the Medix Mixels [41569-71]. I'm sure if you added crazy eye pieces to this monthly build, it will fit right in.

Back Online
Back Online

If you want to tinker with your own LEGO robot, check out the building instructions here. Don't have the exact pieces? No problem! Be creative and imaginative! Design your own!

P.S. I heard next month's Mini Model Build is very loyal and a true friend. What do you think it will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

october mini model build: robot

October Mini Model Build [40248] The Monthly Mini Model Build for October is an awesome robot! Veering away from the cutesy animals, the LEG...