Thursday, August 18, 2016

LEGO star wars magazine: issue 14

LEGO Star Wars Magazine Issue 14
LEGO Star Wars Magazine Issue 14

Issue 14 of LEGO Star Wars Magazine is now available, and this month's free gift is none other than Jedi Master Yoda's Hut!

When I first saw the preview of this issue in last month's, I thought LEGO Star Wars Magazine is finally giving away minifigures, and the first one will be Yoda. But obviously, I was wrong. Maybe I wasn't the only one who made this mistake because in the final foil packaging, Yoda was printed in 2D, instead of 3D, to make it clear that a minifigure was not included.

As I've said in my previous post, it really is quite reassuring to know that the LEGO Star Wars Magazine is a medium to explore the untouched corners of the Star Wars brick universe. Because truly in Star Wars, everything is important!

Surprisingly, this is not the debut of Yoda's Hut in brick form. The Hut was first featured in the X-Wing Fighter [4502] set back in 2004. The set included Yoda's Hut in the background to recreate the scene in Episode V, The Empire Strikes Back, wherein Luke Skywalker seek training from the Jedi Master in the murky swamps of Dagobah. The Hut was also featured in 2015's San Diego Comic-Con Dagobah Mini Build set, recreating the above mentioned scene in a microscale, complete with the tree trunk and the swamp (and an R2-D2 minifigure for the Godzilla effect).

For the free gift per se, it may not be the most representative but the set do feel like it is Yoda's.

Yoda's Hut
Yoda's Hut

The color scheme screams "mine, it is!" The pieces are also quite interesting. I love seeing unconventional pieces in different shades of green. For the building experience, I actually have more fun than I expected. I just had a little trouble with the bricks with bows. The instruction was to put them on the baseplate first then connect them, but with my big fingers, I found the vice versa easier. Overall, it is a cute microbuild (and has a strong tendency to remain in my work desk for a long time).

For the next issue, here's a little sneak peak. The LEGO Star Wars Magazine Issue 15 comes out 14 September. Oh, I can't wait for this micro AT-AT!

Micro AT-AT
Micro AT-AT

No comments:

Post a Comment

october mini model build: robot

October Mini Model Build [40248] The Monthly Mini Model Build for October is an awesome robot! Veering away from the cutesy animals, the LEG...