Saturday, April 22, 2017

LEGO star wars magazine: issues 21 & 22

LEGO Star Wars Magazine Issue 21
LEGO Star Wars Magazine Issue 21

More LEGO Star Wars Magazines!

Due to my unscheduled hiatus (sorry), Issues 21 and 22 have piled up in my drafts folder. That's the reason behind this bumper post.

For Issue 21, the free gift is the Imperial Combat Driver! Wow! Another minifigure! But as I mentioned in the previous LEGO Star Wars magazine post, he may look rather familiar if you own a certain someone's speeder bike. Still doesn't ring a bell? Check it out here. It's the minifigure from Kanan's Speeder Bike [75141]! If you can remember, two issues ago, in Issue 19, Kanan Jarrus was the first ever free minifigure in this magazine series. Now it makes me wonder if the Stormtrooper is next, or the speeder bike, haha. Anyway, a free minifigure is a free minifigure! And the Imperial Combat Driver is a great addition to any collection. Especially now that Star Wars Rebels is ending (boohoo)!

Imperial Combat Driver
Imperial Combat Driver

For Issue 22, the free gift is a TIE Advanced minibuild.


LEGO Star Wars Magazine Issue 22
LEGO Star Wars Magazine Issue 22

When I first saw the preview image, I wasn't really impressed with it. It reminded me of the previous TIE Bomber minibuild, which in my opinion kind of look awkward. But after the final minibuild, I was actually impressed. At a certain angle, the TIE Advanced looks wicked! As if it will shoot right at you any moment.

TIE Advanced
TIE Advanced

Next issue's free gift is a new Starfighter, the Vulture Droid! Now, don't get too excited (like me). There's a very fine print in the lower left of the page that the Battle Droids minifigures are not included. Issue 23 comes out 3 May.

Vulture Droid
Vulture Droid





No comments:

Post a Comment

october mini model build: robot

October Mini Model Build [40248] The Monthly Mini Model Build for October is an awesome robot! Veering away from the cutesy animals, the LEG...