Monday, May 1, 2017

R2-D2 [30611] review

R2-D2 [30611]
R2-D2 [30611]

The exclusive R2-D2 [30611] set is the best free polybag ever!

In celebration of 40 years of Star Wars, LEGO is giving away a buildable R2-D2 [30611] set for every specific purchase. For me, this is the sweetest May the 4th Be With You promotion to date!

In the UK LEGO Stores, you can take this droid home with any LEGO Star Wars purchase of £60 or more, from 29 April to 6 May, or while stocks last. For more details, click here.

And in the Philippine LEGO Certified Stores, you can get this limited edition gift for a minimum single receipt purchase of P3500 on any LEGO item from 4 to 31 May. Then the redemption period is from 15 May to 31 July. For more details, check out their official Facebook post.

R2-D2
R2-D2

As I mentioned above, I consider this the best May the 4th free LEGO. Don't get me wrong, I love all those minifigures, but I have to admit they didn't put a huge smile on my face when I was building them. I was literally smiling the whole time I was constructing my very own R2 unit! It's really amazing to see the ingenuity of the design, considering there were only 70 pieces! The simplicity of the build is also a big win, for the final output is not only sturdy but also looks flawless.

To be honest, I'm quite surprised with the printed pieces. I thought since this is a free gift, only part of the dome was printed. But no, it is surprisingly detailed! I also thought that a sticker was used for the front tile, but it was printed as well (Yehey! I really don't like stickers on my bricks).

It's also worth mentioning that the dome piece can be rotated! How cool is that? And most importantly, R2's third appendage is included!

I wish more droids will be released in the future at this scale. I so love love this buildable R2-D2 figure. This is definitely the droid you're looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

october mini model build: robot

October Mini Model Build [40248] The Monthly Mini Model Build for October is an awesome robot! Veering away from the cutesy animals, the LEG...