Sunday, May 28, 2017

the milano [30449] review

The Milano [30449]
The Milano [30449]

Obviously.

The Milano is a Ravager M-Ship Class spacecraft used by the Guardians of the Galaxy for their interplanetary travel. It only made perfect sense to use it as the promotional LEGO set for the recently shown second installment of the film series (I love it, by the way, but I love the first more). The Milano [30449] polybag was given away (and sold) in various store events but I got mine from my local LEGO Store (UK) using this month's calendar voucher.

Building this brick spacecraft is very entertaining. I was able to build it under five minutes, so it's really, really easy. I was surprised with the numerous Technic pieces included, especially with the two steering arm piece with three ball joints, which gave The Milano's wings a lot of character.

The Milano
The Milano

The resemblance of the final build with the film spaceship beyond the color scheme is just so-so, but since it's a minibuild, it's forgivable. For its scale, The Milano still is a good spacecraft. If not for its very bright colors, it will fit perfectly with the other flying vessels minibuild from a galaxy far, far away.

Front View
Front View

By the way, the clear stand is not included in the polybag. I just used it for photography purposes only. It would be real cool if flying or hovering sets will come with stands like this one or something similar.

Oh, and I decided to include the top view of the ship for I find it as a hilarious cross between Optimus Prime and Jar Jar Binks.

Top View
Top View

Overall, The Milano [30449] polybag is a sweet, sweet set loaded with fun and excitement. And did I mention it's free?

No comments:

Post a Comment

october mini model build: robot

October Mini Model Build [40248] The Monthly Mini Model Build for October is an awesome robot! Veering away from the cutesy animals, the LEG...