Tuesday, June 6, 2017

millennium falcon [75105] review

Millennium Falcon [75105]
Millennium Falcon [75105]

It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs...

Or at least according to Han Solo. Everyone's favorite intergalactic smuggler has boasted this claim about the iconic Millennium Falcon ever since A New Hope, and he even repeated this in The Force Awakens. It's a rather ambiguous statement because parsec is a unit of distance and not time. Different justifications have been provided such as the Kessel Run being referred as more than just a route but also a race. Or maybe Old Ben is correct in saying that this is nothing but an obvious misinformation. Hopefully, the definitive explanation will be presented in next year's untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story movie. Or maybe it will remain a mystery, enshrouded in the great captain's infamy.

Regardless of the truth, there's no denying that the Millennium Falcon is an epic spacecraft. It is a modified Corellian YT-1300f light freighter. When I was younger, I was really surprised when I realized that the Falcon is a cargo ship. I don't know why but I have the impression that it is a sort of a mobile command station or a fighter vehicle. But when I finally grasped the concept of what a smuggler is and what he does, everything made sense.

A LEGO version of the Millennium Falcon has been on my wishlist for the longest time. For years, I have settled on the microfighter version [75030] and on the LEGO Star Wars Magazine free gift [911607]. I missed the first few models of the Falcon and I have no current plans on hunting them down because I know it will be very very expensive! So, I just patiently waited for an unrefusable deal on the latest proper model [75105] (and I also prayed hard for its delayed retirement). Alas! Thank God for the 40th anniversary of Star Wars for the 40% off last May the 4th Be With You promotions in UK LEGO Stores! (And because I was at work, thank you very much to my loving wife for popping by our local store first thing that morning just to get me one).

The set includes six minifigures with assorted weapons: a Kanjiklub Gang Member (which is actually named Crokind Shand), Tasu Leech, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Finn, Rey, and BB-8!


Kanjiklub Gang Member
Kanjiklub Gang Member

Crokind Shand
Crokind Shand

Kanjiklub Gang Leader
Kanjiklub Gang Leader

Tasu Leech
Tasu Leech

Han Solo
Han Solo

Shot First
Shot First

Chewbacca
Chewbacca

Best Wookie
Best Wookie

Finn
Finn

FN-2187
FN-2187

Rey
Rey

Triple Bun
Triple Bun

BB-8
BB-8

The Millennium Falcon [75105] measures over 14cm high, 47cm long, and 32cm wide! The exterior features streamlined and detailed design. The ship has a detachable cockpit with space for two minifigures. It also has rotating top and bottom laser turrets with hatch and space for a minifigure. Other features include dual spring-loaded shooters, sensor dish, ramp, entrance hatch, opening hull plates, etc.

Millennium Falcon Exterior
Millennium Falcon Exterior

Millennium Falcon Interior
Millennium Falcon Interior

The interior of the Falcon includes a more detailed hyperdrive, a Dejarik (holochess board), a secret compartment, extra boxes and cables, and much, much more!


Playing Dejarik
Playing Dejarik

Engineering Station
Engineering Station

Secret Compartment
Secret Compartment

Repair Duties
Repair Duties

Cockpit
Cockpit

Building the model, for me, is a bit challenging. Because of the minute details, I have to have all the needed pieces first before using them to ensure that I'm not missing anything. Also, the random diagonal brick placements annoy my obsessive-compulsive traits. Other than that, it's a very enjoyable and relaxing build. I didn't bother to time myself but rather allow myself to savor each and every step. The feeling is almost zen-like as if I'm attending to my miniature rock garden.

Play experience is endless for the Millennium Falcon [75105]. It's more than just a spacecraft model but also an action playset. One can recreate numerous fantastic scenes from the films with its detailed interior. Or better yet, make his or her own adventure!

Rebels Versus Kanjiklub
Rebels Versus Kanjiklub

Obviously, I super love the Millennium Falcon [75105]! It's one of my, if not most, favorite LEGO sets ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

october mini model build: robot

October Mini Model Build [40248] The Monthly Mini Model Build for October is an awesome robot! Veering away from the cutesy animals, the LEG...