Saturday, September 17, 2016

LEGO star wars magazine: issue 15

LEGO Star Wars Magazine Issue 15
LEGO Star Wars Magazine Issue 15

LEGO Star Wars Magazine Issue 15 has just been released, and this month's free gift is the iconic AT-AT!

The All Terrain Armored Transport, or AT-AT for short, is a four-legged combat walker used by the Empire's ground forces. It first appeared in The Empire Strikes Back, then prominently featured in Star Wars Rebels, and, more recently, also seen in The Force Awakens (as background wreckage). Older versions seems to be in the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, but they may (or may not) be under a different name (UPDATE: They are apparently called All Terrain Armored Cargo Transport or AT-ACT). Being one of the most famous symbols of the Empire's military might, it's no surprise that the AT-AT is the microbuild of Issue 15.


AT-AT
AT-AT

So far, the AT-AT is my favorite magazine microbuild (next to the Naboo Starfighter). I simply love its minimalist look. With only 48 brick pieces, it's a wonder that it accurately represented the imposing quadrupedal combat walker.

I just panicked for a bit (about two minutes) when I thought that a piece or two is missing from my foil pack. In my first build, the head seemed to lack a 2 x 2 gray piece, which made it look like the cockpit has been blown off. I made a quick recount and it resulted to the right number of brick pieces. I reviewed what I did then I realized that I put the 1 x 2 plate with handles on the opposite direction. Silly me! The instructions in the LEGO Magazines are usually easy to follow. I don't know if it's just me or the drawing of that particular brick is a bit confusing.

This month's free gift is really adorable. I love it so much that I wish I have another one or two or three. I'll research first if it's cheaper to just order the bricks. They seem pretty common anyway.

For the next issue, get ready for the Multi-Troop Transport, or MTT, of the Trade Federation! It's time for the prequel era once again. The LEGO Star Wars Magazine Issue 16 comes out on 12 October.


MTT
MTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

october mini model build: robot

October Mini Model Build [40248] The Monthly Mini Model Build for October is an awesome robot! Veering away from the cutesy animals, the LEG...