Tuesday, September 20, 2016

micro-AT-ATs

AT-ATs
AT-ATs

The AT-AT microbuilds from the LEGO Star Wars Magazine Issue 15 are the cutest combat walkers ever!

On my last post, where I featured the aforementioned issue, I was very vocal about my fondness of the All Terrain Armored Transport free gift that I highly considered getting another one. Obviously, I wasn't able to restrain myself, so I bought another copy. I have found that it is cheaper (and a lot easier) to buy another magazine than to order the individual bricks. I wasn't able to find a single shop (in LEGO's Pick-a-Brick or BrickLink) that carries all the required pieces, making the postage fees not worth it.


Battle of Hoth
Battle of Hoth

I don't usually make posts about duplicates, but I had a lot of fun playing with these microbuilds that it felt wrong not to share it. With two microscale Imperial Walkers, it's only natural to recreate scenes from The Empire Strikes Back. The AT-ATs were very significant in the Battle of Hoth. Besides, nobody forgets how Wedge Antilles skillfully used his T-47's tow cables to topple a combat walker (right, Spider-Man?).

Tow Cable?
Tow Cable?

These Micro-AT-ATs are really fetching like droid puppies. I don't think i can get enough of them...
________________________________________

UPDATE: My wife surprised me with another one! Super thank you!

And then there were three...


More AT-ATs!
More AT-ATs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

october mini model build: robot

October Mini Model Build [40248] The Monthly Mini Model Build for October is an awesome robot! Veering away from the cutesy animals, the LEG...